We plan a variety of enrichment experiences for our children. These can be based on current interests to extend learning or igniting new interests to introduce new learning linked to themes and topics. Some examples include:
- Visits from the local Police or Community Support Officers.
- Cooking activities to learn about keeping our bodies healthy and different foods.
- Learning about nature and seasons through exploratory welly walks.
- Links with the local church.
- Special days such as World Book Dress Up Days, Easter and harvest celebrations, and Easter egg hunts.
Our Epraise point system enables all children to be rewarded for outstanding effort in and out the classroom. Points are awarded for children demonstrating pleasing learning behaviours, academic achievement, home learning and good choices linked to the KPRIDE values (kindness, polite, responsible, independent, determined and enthusiastic).
Children are given opportunities throughout the school year to explore new places and to experience the wider world beyond the classroom. Trips are carefully planned linked to topics and themes to further enhance learning.