All children not at Frontline School (see below) are expected to undertake learning at home. This will consist of daily Class Meetings and lessons. Please see the information below on Class Meetings, Learning for Nursery - Year 3 and the different arrangements for Years 4, 5 and 6.
Daily Class Meetings
All pupils must attend a daily Class Meetings, which are held live with their teacher. During the meeting, the teacher will go through the learning for the day, so your child/children know what to expect. The meetings also provide an opportunity for your child to ask any questions. As we move through the term, feedback will also be provided to the children on their learning. Please use the schedule below to see what time this will be at (please note that Year 3 need to attend a.m. and p.m. meetings). Your child will need to enter their name to be let into the meeting. Pupils can access this meeting at their class link which has been sent to you:
Lessons for Pupils in Nursery to Year 3
For children in Nursery to Year 3, all learning will on be on a Daily Sway, which can be accessed via the links below. The sways contain daily reading, writing and maths learning and one other subject. Each subject has been planned carefully and is the same curriculum which is being taught in school. We want to ensure that children learning at home are not missing out on content that they would be learning if they were in school with their peers.
Lessons for Pupils in Years 4, 5 and Year 6
Home Learning for Years 4, 5 and 6 will be live teaching by our Year 4, 5 and 6 team. Every child will receive a reading, writing and maths lesson every day plus one other subject which will be self-study. Live teaching will be accessed through Microsoft Teams and each child will have a Chromebook to enable them to do this. All Year 4, 5 and 6 children have been issued, or will be issued, with a log on for their Chromebook as well as for Office 365.
Below is the timetable for your child's learning while at home. This will also be shared with your child in their class Team. All 'live' sessions are on Teams.
Years 5 and 6
Once your child has received their Chromebook, please follow the steps below to get started.
We have created two logins for your child. A login to access the Chromebook and a login to access the online, remote learning. We have chosen to use Teams which is part of Microsoft Office to provide your child with home learning.
- Your child will need to turn on the Chromebook and enter the ‘login for Chromebook’ username and password to gain access. This will have been sent to you via email.
- Once your child has signed into the Chromebook, they will need to go to the internet browser (Google Chrome). In the search bar please enter www.office.com and select ‘Sign In’ button.
- Your child will need to enter the ‘login for Microsoft Office’ username and password to gain access to their office account. This will have been sent to you via email.
- Your child will then need to open Microsoft Teams which they can find along the left side of the screen. They will need to go to Teams and click on their class team where they will go to everyday from Monday 11th January at 9am ready for their Live Class Meeting. This will appear in the post section so children can click the ‘Join Meeting’ button.
- The teacher will show your child how to use Teams in the first meeting.
If you get stuck, please refer to the step-by-step Teams and Chromebook login help sheet at the button below.
As always, we will do as much as we can to provide support with accessing the home learning. If you have any questions regarding accessing Teams, your Chromebook, or timings please contact email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the learning only, please email the following address and one of the year group teachers will contact you:
Mrs Brown and the Inclusion Team are also contactable on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email 'for the attention of…' whichever member of our Inclusion Team you would like to contact.
We realise this is a difficult time and there will be lots of you trying to think of ways to occupy your child at home. The SEND News Flash, at the link below, provides some useful tips to help you.
The newsletter has information about continued support during this uncertain time and useful contacts if you should need them. You might find some of the information useful to support you and your child at home.
SEND News Splash - Issue Sixty Friday 8th January 2021
SEND News Splash - Issue Sixth One 15th January 2021
Please click on the link below to see additional information about our primary home learning offer.
Primary Home Learning Offer