Learning a foreign language has huge benefits: from helping develop a better understanding of English to providing a stepping stone for learning other foreign languages. It gives students the opportunity to experience other cultures, music, TV, food and geography from a different perspective.
Spanish is the second most commonly spoken language in the world, with over 400 million speakers. Spanish is spoken in some of the fastest developing economies in the world as well as being, according to the British Council, one of the languages most in demand by UK businesses.
Full details of the Foreign Language Curriculum at key stage 3, 4, and 5 can be found here.
- Year 7 students have the opportunity to visit Paris and the famous Paris Christmas market
- Trips to Disneyland Paris
- Year 9 languages residential to Marlborough College
- Years 8-11 have the opportunity to visit Barcelona, Port Aventura Theme Park and the surrounding area
- French club runs during one term each year
- Native speakers working within the department
If you have any queries about the MFL curriculum, please contact the Curriculum Leader, Mr Martin, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org