We are delighted to be welcoming your child in September. This page tells you everything you need to know before they start. Don't forget to complete the Permissions Form and Admissions Form (links below). We need this information BEFORE your child starts with us.
Day 1 in Year 7
The first day for Year 7 pupils will be Monday 5th September, and all students need to wear full school uniform, (they won't need PE Kit on the first day).
- The pupil gates open at 8.00am - these are located to the right of the main entrance. Please ensure your child arrives no later than 8.15am.
- On their first day, Year 7 pupils will have a quiet day to get used to their new surroundings. No other year groups will attend.
- Please ensure they have all their equipment with them, as specified in the Uniform and Equipment Expectations Booklet below.
- They will need to bring money for lunch or a packed lunch if you are not entitled to free school meals.
- The school day finishes at 3.35pm.
- On their first day they will spend time with their tutor, get to know their tutor group, become familiar with the school building and be taught our values, expected behaviours and routines.
- PLEASE NOTE: Parents cannot drive through the gates to drop off children. Please park in a nearby safe place to drop them off.
The Parents' Handbook is an essential reference for parents and carers. It provides a complete overview of life in the Secondary phase at Swindon Academy. Our expectations of each student are explained clearly and you can find details about the curriculum and "Knowledge Organisers", and how our College system works. There is key information about how to contact us, important dates in the school year, and details about the Secondary teaching staff. QR links throughout the Handbook take you directly into specific content, such as policies and webpages.
You can refer to the Handbook throughout the year if you have any queries. Please click on the image below.
Full details of our uniform and PE kit can be found in the booklet below, along with a clear list of equipment required for the start of term. We expect ALL students to wear the correct uniform and bring the right equipment with them every day.
Communication with parents and students
We communicate with parents through Epraise; a messaging platform that enables pupils and parents to see details of work set, messages from teachers, rewards etc. Epraise enables parents to message us. We encourage all parents and carers to start using the system from day one, and use it as your primary source of information and announcements from Swindon Academy. You will receive your login details at the start of the new term in September. Please use the booklet below as a guide.
Yr 7 Forms to Complete
Thank you to everyone who has completed the electronic Admissions and Permissions Forms that were emailed to you. If you have not yet completed the forms, please do so immediately:
Free School Meals
Do you need to apply for Free School Meals? If so, please do so direclty with Swindon Borough Council online at: https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20032/schools_and_education/408/free_school_meals We strongly advise parents whose child is entitled to free school meals to apply.
If your child would enjoy learning to play an instrument, or just loves singing, this is their chance to take part at Swindon Academy. Please contact Helen.Welsby@swindon-academy.org, Curriculum Leader of Performing Arts.
If after reading the information provided you still have questions, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.