Events during the week will include: STEM career focus, CV Workshop, Entrepreneur focus with a talk by Jack Parsons, who became a CEO of The Youth Group in 2018 whilst in his 20s, LGBT+ focus on the workplace and inclusive employers, Explore Law & Creative Careers.
Speakers for Schools Talks:
Tue 2 Mar: Ellie Amato Chief Commercial Office at Not on The High Street.
Wed 3 Mar: Kajal Odera, UK Director of Change.org, the largest petition platform, Jimmy Worrall, CEO of Leaders in Sport.
Thu 4 Mar: Mandisa Green, President of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, Nalan Dogson, Head of Talent at Burberry Fashion
Fri 5 Mar: Katie Vanneck Smith, Tortoise Media, voted Pioneer of British Media and previous journalist at the Times/Telegraph.
plus recorded talks including: Explore Nursing - Patrick Nyanmbu, Director of Strategy at Birmingham NHS Trust.
Tuesday: Creative Careers
Creative Careers in TV, Film., Music, Arts and Gaming - BBC web resource
After a lot of research, this BBC Bitesize page is the best source for students to hear directly from other young people working in creative industries and for them to get ideas and advice.
Includes sections on:
- TV - Annie - Hair and Make Up artist and LIsa - Costume Director from BBC’s Small Axe by Steve McQueen.
- Social Media: Riyad - Producer, content creator and presenter
- Journalism - Sirin - journalist at Vice
- Radio: Swarzy, presenter on Kiss FM, Phil, Radio Producer on R6.
- Theatre: Hosanna - technical theatre apprentices at Royal Opera House
- Gaming: Ste - Graphic Designer at Brass gaming
- Fashion: Sophie - accessories/handbag designer . Gemma - own fashion design business
Apprenticeships in the Creative industries
This is the preferred route for many - Big Creative Education is a recruitment agency with a difference https://www.bigcreative.education/apprenticeships/
Take a look at the current amazing opportunities to an idea of what’s out there:
- Label & Content support apprentice - at LabelWorx
- Events Assistant Apprenticeship at Rooftop Film Club
- Digital Marketing Apprenticeship at Propeller Music (radio promotion company)
Want to find a creative role that suites you?
Should I do a creative/design degree?
Art & design league table for university degrees
Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
Would you like a structured gap year before you go to university or while you find an apprenticeship?
Free 1-year course for young people under 19 years - exploratory year where you can try fashion design, graphic design, illustration, sculpture, 3Ddesign or animation and more and see if a creative pathway is right for you.
Look at University of Arts London, Uni of Creative Arts, Kingston College, Kingston Uni websites for details