What is a STEM Grammar Stream and why apply?
Our STEM Grammar Stream is the only Sixth Form Grammar Stream provision in Swindon and it is delivered in partnership with Marlborough College.
With a focus on STEM subjects, we are dedicated to providing the very best learning opportunities for our Grammar Stream students, ensuring that you meet your potential in both exam results and in developing the skills that will help you develop into the next generation of leaders within science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
If you join the STEM Grammar Stream you will be part of a dedicated tutor group of up to 30 pupils who are studying STEM subjects and intend to progress to study at the top universities or to take up high level apprenticeships. You will receive a tailored package of mentoring and a bespoke programme of support from Business, Universities and from Marlborough College.
Our STEM Grammar Stream students have extensive opportunities through work experience, our external speaker programme, access to the Marlborough College Co-curricular programme and STEM Residentials.
Access to Top Universities
Working in partnership with Marlborough College, the STEM Grammar Stream has access to a series of seminars and events, aimed at students who want to apply to the UK’s top universities.
The most prestigious universities in the UK have extremely demanding entry requirements that often go above and beyond simply needing exceptional grades, and therefore this programme aims to develop you as an individual and ensure your application stands out above the rest. The STEM Grammar Stream offers students:
- Specialised STEM Career Pathways – each with a unique range of supra-curricular activities to support progression in that area.
- A dedicated tutor group led by a specialist STEM tutor with 2 specialist tutorials each week.
- £100-£200 Bursary Scholarship bursary to support your academic progress.
- Specialised support for students who wish to become medics or apply to Oxbridge.
- Personalised support and guidance on making applications to the top universities and writing personal statements.
- Preparation for admissions tests such as BMAT and UKCAT.
- Practice interviews for Medicine and Oxbridge applicants.
- Appropriate work experience and volunteering opportunities to support your career aspirations.
- Visits to Russell Group and Oxbridge universities.
- Extensive opportunities to broaden your subject knowledge, including conferences, workshops and external speakers.
- Support for applying for summer schools in a range of subjects.