Applying for HE Student Finance
The First Steps
The Online Application Form 2018 Entry – Advice to Applicant
Follow the link here to fill out the on-line application form for student finance
Please complete online form together with your parent(s) VERY IMPORTANT
- Complete & submit student application by May 30th 2018 to get money by September.
- You need:- Name of University & Course, Passport, NI Number, your Bank Details.
- You do not know University you are going to yet so – insert the University/College you HOPE to go to You can alter it in ‘your SFE account’ later, if you change your mind, before you start University.
- You do NOT have to send your passport - no Passport? – no problem – Send birth certificate instead - download form from www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/
- You can change bank details, address, e mail, phone in ‘your SFE account’ before September.
- You will be asked your ‘unearned income’ – this is income (interest paid to you) on your savings, in most if not all cases, you can ignore this and put £0.
- If ‘locked out’ of the form all details will be saved apart from page you were working on.
- SFE do not want to know YOUR INCOME or your brothers/sisters – only Parents Income.
Your parent(s) complete their form as a CONTINUATION of your form
NOTE TO: Parent(s) and/or step parents if living in family home
If Parent(s) combined gross income is over a certain amount and your son/daughter is only applying for a Tuition Fee Loan and a basic Maintenance Loan (the bit that doesn’t depend on your household income) you won’t have to complete anything. Your son/daughter fills in the application with their own details.
If son/daughter is applying for Maintenance that does depend on household income then they insert names and e mail addresses of parent(s) who are supporting them. E mails need to be different. Invent one for this purpose if only one e mail address in the family. Parents are e mailed a ‘link’ to their child’s application.
To Register/create an account; Name; e mail address; date of birth; address; telephone number and/or mobile number; password (created by the parent at time of applying); secret answer.
To support the applicant you will also need NI Numbers; P60's for tax year 2016-2017 OR Self Assessment returns for 2016-17; Details of current and 2015-16 benefits of any description; details of pensions for 2016-17; details of Interest on savings.
Student Finance Calculator
The hardship Fund
Bursaries, Scholarships and Awards