At Swindon Academy we are dedicated to working with and within our local community. Our community is important to us and we like to support local events and offer engagement opportunities to our parents. We have two members of staff specifically dedicated to community engagement which helps us embed it across the whole school.
Here are some of the ways in which we do this:
- Parent Support sessions offering ideas of how to support your child’s learning in maths, English language and reading
- Family Learning sessions and ‘Fabulous Days’
- Adult Education Classes
- Working closely with Swindon Borough Council Road Safety team
- Support ‘walk to school Week’ and ‘Cycle to school Week’ to help protect the local environment.
- Supporting the NSPCC and other community groups through fundraising events.
- Co-ordinating volunteer opportunities for students in the community.
- Engaging with SBC Library service for reading events such as World Book Day
- Coffee mornings and drop in groups
- Working within the local community during ABC week
- Entertaining the elderly residence at Pinetrees with war time songs and carols
- Engaging our students in voluntary action in our locality.